Pages

Thursday, 10 December 2015

To the lady with genital warts...

Yesterday at work i meet a pregnant  lady who i was to obtain a high vaginal swap for microscopy, culture and sensitivity...
On taking the woman to the MVA room, i realized she had genital warts.
We got interacting on a really personal level. I got to find out that she was a single lady whose traditional wedding was to have held today ( the 10th of December) but for some reason it was cancelled.
She is 6 months gone already in her pregnancy.
I got to know more about her relationship and love life where she opened up to me in tears. She is a youth corper
currently serving in niger state, her fiancé is a field worker with an oil worker who happens to still be in school.
She was a virgin and was dis-virgined by this her fiancé. I asked her why she chose to go RAW with him and she said she trusted him.
Moving on.... she said that things where not going as planned towards her proposed marriage and how she will become a public spectacle of a girl with child outside wedlock.

The conversation was truly touching... I asked her if she knew her HIV status and she said yes that she was negative. She added that the doctor who saw her yesterday asked her to repeat the test...

Now, genital warts is a viral infection with so many causes. The most common however is immunosuppression like HIV amongst others. In pregnancy, it is rare but not excluded.

The reasons i decided to  go personal with her was to be that ray of hope for her.  I made her understand that it is not how many times you fall but how you rise. So what if you finally give birth outside wedlock. When you start letting what people say to define you that day you begin your decent from success.
She is a christian and so i told her to ask God for forgiveness and to believe that he has. She should hand over every aspect of her life to him and keep faith alive.

I encouraged her to go home and plan about her future irrespective of what the reconfirmation result might be ( which i know will be  Negative). I told her that since her love for her fiancé is equivocal with his for heer she should only keep hope alive.
she should start making plans for her future and that of the baby should an opportunity knocks on her door tomorrow.

I was glad because, i could see her spirit uplifted. She was so much better by the time she left the MVA room.
I felt fulfilled and that made my day.
I do hope to see her again... soonest to know the latest so i would join her and testify.
#GodBless Ms R.